Thursday 19 September 2013

Capture the Colour

I was delighted to receive an invite from Colleen at the delightful Colleen Brynn Travels to enter the Capture the colour photography competition. Now, anyone who has met me knows I love photographs, I love taking them, looking back over them and I pester people constantly for pictures on nights out, at tourist sights or simply walking around town. However, again, as anyone who has met me knows, I hate being in pictures. I'm terribly unphotogenic and have the extreme fortune of being friends with some of the most photogenic people I have ever met. And so, I end up with lots of pictures of other people, pictures of scenery and sunsets (I do love a good sunset). Now to trawl through the couple of thousand of pictures I've taken over the last 3 years of travel.

BLUE

This image of Malawian fishermen on Lake Malawi was taken when I holidayed in Cape MacClear in December 2012.

GREEN
This is the desert oasis of Huacachina in Peru

 RED
Ok, I concede, this is more pink than red but it's one of my favourite pictures. Taken on an island on Lake Titicica Peru, the villagers had attempted to teach us their traditional dance and then the children danced and blew us away. 

WHITE
An iconic image, the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpar

YELLOW 
This was taken at the coastal town of Huanchaco in Northern Peru. I had spent some hours watching the fishermen fish from their reed boats and walked along the port to discover a delicious fish restaurant. The sunset was beautiful, framed by the boats.

I would like to nominate the following for entering: Melissa at No More Saying Someday, Nick at Beneath the African Sky, Kim at Pearl Grey Tea, Steven at A Backpacker's Tale and Amanda from A Dangerous Business.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love them all but red and yellow are very special!
    Don't forget to let the people running the contest know! http://www.travelsupermarket.com/c/holidays/capture-the-colour/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I emailed (and tweeted them). Can't wait to see everyone's entries.

      Delete